Amex Ultimate is as the name suggest, the ultimate Qantas points credit card. The American Express Qantas Ultimate card now comes with 100,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points when you apply online before April 14, 2019, are approved, and spend $3,000 within the first 3 months of activating your card. This bonus offer is available online via American Express.
The Amex Ultimate will see you skyrocketing your points balance with an earn rate of 1.5 Qantas Points per dollar spent on everyday purchases.
Amex is even offering 1 additional Qantas Point per dollar spent on Qantas products and services in Australia. This means you could be earning up to 2.25 Qantas Points per dollar!
This Qantas credit card also comes with 2 complimentary lounge passes each year you hold the card and a complimentary return flight with Qantas in Australia.
Of course the features come at a cost, the annual fee is $450 which is brought down to well below zero if you factor in the value of the 100,000 Qantas Points, $450 Qantas travel credit and lounge passes. In fact, 100,000 Qantas Points is more than enough to fly business somewhere nice!
To get the bonus points you will need to spend a minimum of $3000 in the first 3 months after activating the card, which is very achievable. Personally I set up all my regular bills with Amex so at least I’m earning some points! Rule #1 of the points game: Never pay cash (or use a debit card!).
Amex Qantas Ultimate Card Benefits
- Receive 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online before April 14, 2019, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months of Card membership. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Earn 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. And until April 14 2019, earn an additional 0.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year.. Use your Qantas Travel Credit for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights when you book and pay online at American Express Travel
- Enjoy complimentary access up to two entries per year to the American Express Lounge at Sydney International (Kingsford Smith) Airport T1 and Melbourne International Airport
- Enjoy two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services
- Complimentary Qantas epiQure Premium Membership
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies. Learn More
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance
- Eligible for use with Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay
Reward Yourself With 100,000 Qantas Points
With the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card there is no cap on the amount of Qantas Points you can earn, while having them automatically transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month.
- Receive 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply with Amex via this link, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Earn 1.25 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent
- Earn 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia
- Until 14 April 2019 earn an additional 0.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on purchases, except for spend at government bodies in Australia
- No cap on earn rate. You’ll continue to earn Qantas Points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend each month.
- 2 Complimentary Qantas Club lounge access passes each year. Pro tip: don’t plan to purchase a Qantas flight or lounge membership anytime soon? No problemo! You can simply make use of the Qantas “carbon offset scheme” for about $1 which should also qualify as “Qantas spend” to trigger the free flight. To offset some carbon head on over to: https://www.qantasfutureplanet.com.au/ and enter a short trip to get the best value 😉
- Qantas Epiqure Premium membership valued at $99 per year. The benefits of this are: Free delivery on all orders, 3 Qantas Points per dollar spent on every purchase and access exclusive food and wine experiences. For those who drink wine and like to accelerate their QF point earn, make sure to keep an eye on the bonus offers here: https://www.qantasepiqure.com.au/c/bonuspoints
- Enjoy complimentary access up to two entries per year to the American Express Lounge at Sydney or Melbourne International Airport
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies.
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance.
Amex Qantas Ultimate Eligibility
Of course it goes without saying that everyone cutting up their traditional bank issued credit cards will be eligible for the massive 100,000 bonus points offered by Amex. Even if you hold or have held a Commbank, ANZ or NAB issued American Express card, you are still in the running! Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for the 100K Qantas Points offer.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today through this link to get the 100K Qantas Points bonus (T&Cs apply).
To save time before you apply for your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, it’s best to make sure you can say yes to the following:
- I am aged over 18
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a current Business Long Stay Visa (subclass 457)
- I have a personal gross (pre-tax) annual income of $65,000 or more
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
You can also earn points faster by getting an additional card for family members at no additional cost, in addition, take advantage of a promotional balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for the first 12 months to help you save on interest repayments and pay your other balances sooner.
A one-off 1% credit plan establishment fee applies and you can transfer up to 70% of your approved credit limit to a maximum of $10,000. This offer is for new applicants only. See how much you could save with our Balance Transfer Calculator.
Amex Qantas Ultimate Travel Perks
You can enjoy a $450 Qantas travel credit each year you hold the card. This travel credit can be used to book your Qantas flights online through American Express Travel. A great benefit of using the Amex Travel site is that you won’t pay any credit card surcharge which would be the case if you booked directly with Qantas. Note that the travel credit can’t be used partially so to ensure you don’t forfeit any part of it, make sure the ticket is equal to or higher than $450.
You’ll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your family when you pay for travel on your Card.
- Medical Emergency Expenses Cover up to $2,500,000
- Transport Accident Cover up to $400,000
- Travel Cancellation Cover up to $12,500
- Baggage, Money and Documentation Cover up to $10,000
- Travel Inconvenience Insurance up to $200 if your flight departure is delayed
Best use of your Qantas points
Check out our full guide on how to maximise your Qantas frequent flyer points to fly business or first class for the price of economy!
The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card doesn’t just look after things when you travel. There are also numerous features that make shopping and managing your account trouble free.
- Refund Protection we’ll credit your account if you’re refused a refund on an unused eligible item within 90 days of purchase
- Purchase Protection repairs or refunds eligible items if they are accidentally broken or stolen within 90 days of purchase
- With our Online Fraud Protection Guarantee you won’t be held responsible for any unauthorised charges online as long as you notify us immediately upon discovery of the fraudulent transactions
- Emergency Card Replacement with our global network of offices, we can usually get a replacement Card to you within 48 hours virtually anywhere in the world
- Global Card support means you can enjoy account assistance any time of the day or night
Amex Qantas Ultimate Conclusion
Just like its Velocity Frequent Flyer alternative, the Qantas Ultimate card is a powerhouse for those looking to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points fast and at an uncapped rate. As it stands, the Amex Qantas Ultimate card is one of the highest earning Qantas cards in the market and an outstanding offer with 100,000 bonus points up for grabs.