Right now you can get Receive 15,000 Membership Rewards points or 7,500 Qantas Points1 when you spend $750 outside of David Jones within the first month of becoming a Card Member
The David Jones American Express is perfect for those looking to earn boosted Qantas points at the supermarket or at the pump; both these categories attract a fantastic 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 spend.
Existing American Express Card Holders can also take advantage of this offer and get the sign-up bonus when they meet the eligibility criteria. (as long as you don’t already hold a David Jones branded Card or have held one in the past 18 months)
Card Points Earn Rate
- 3 Membership Rewards points or 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 at Supermarkets/Petrol stations
- 2 Membership Rewards points or 1 Qantas Point per $1 at David Jones
- 1 Membership Rewards point or 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 everywhere else
- Enjoy up to 44 days Interest-free3 and 20.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- Complimentary standard delivery for items purchased instore or online at David Jones with the Card
- ?omplimentary gift wrapping in store at David Jones
- Exclusive Fashion events at David Jones
- Up to Four Years Interest-Free with no deposit when you spend $500 or more on homewares, furniture, bedding or electrical items at David Jones
- Fashion Pay Later Option at David Jones
- Christmas Deferred Payment Option at David Jones
Qantas Points vs Membership Rewards
Both options are available for you to choose from when signing up to the David Jones American Express. If you opt to earn Qantas Points you will receive 7,500 bonus points while those choosing to earn Membership Rewards will earn 30,000 points which translates to 15,000 in the following frequent flyer programs:
- Asia Miles: 7,500
- AAdvantage Miles ( via Marriott Bonvoy transfer): 7,500
- Asia Miles: 7,500
- KrisFlyer: 7,500
- Qantas Frequent Flyer: 7,500
- Card: American Express David Jones
- Loyalty Program: Membership Rewards or Qantas Frequent Flyer
Points earned from spend:
- 3 David Jones MR points or 1.5 Qantas points per $ at Supermarkets/Petrol station
- 2 David Jones MR points or 1 Qantas Point per $ spend at David Jones
- 1 David Jones MR points or 0.5 Qantas point per $ spend everywhere else
Rates & Fees
- Minimum Income: $40,000 p.a.
- Overseas transaction fee: 3% of the converted amount
- Annual Fee: $99 p.a.
Membership Rewards Transfer Rates (1MR=)
- Virgin Australia Velocity: 0.5
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer: 0.5
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles: 0.5
- Thai Royal Orchid: 0.5
- Etihad Guest: 0.5
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club: 0.5
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich: 0.5
- Emirates Skywards: 0.5
- Air New Zealand Airpoints: 0.005
- Marriott Bonvoy: 0.67
- Hilton Honors: 0.5
As a David Jones Card member, you can opt to change your reward program once a year. This way, you could sign up to earn the bonus points for Qantas, before switching to the more flexible Membership Rewards program.Read Our Financial Disclaimer…
No recommendation or financial advice
The Website contains information relating to credit cards with frequent flyer benefits. Information provided in respect of credit cards is ancillary to the purpose of informing you of the frequent flyer benefits and promotions. Flight Hacks publishes general information about selected credit and debit card products/offers. We do not write about all credit and debit card products/offers available in the market
Flight Hacks does not provide credit or financial advice, assist, or make recommendations in connection with credit or financial products or services. Flight Hacks is not a credit provider nor are we suggesting that you apply for a specific product from a particular product issuer.
You should not make credit or financial decisions based solely on the availability of frequent flyer benefits or promotions.
The content on the Website does not constitute advice. It has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is provided for your convenience and information only.
You should not act on any information provided by the Website or its advertisers without first having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs and obtaining advice from an appropriately qualified professional. The information on this website is no substitute for financial advice.
Flight Hacks may receive a commission when you apply for a credit or debit card using an outbound link published on this website.