Earn a massive 90,000 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points and enjoy a reduced annual fee in the first year.
Right now NAB is offering an excellent sign-up bonus. If you’re a new customer, you could receive 90,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points when you apply (and are approved) for the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card and spend $4,000 on everyday purchases within the first 60 days of your account opening. T&Cs, spend criteria, eligibility criteria, fees and charges apply.
- 90,000 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer Points when you spend a minimum of $4,000 on everyday purchases in the first 60 days of the account opening.
- Reduced annual card fee of $295 for the first year ($395 each year after that).
- Earn rate of up to 1 Qantas points per $1 spent (up to $5,000 per month) after which it reverts to 0.5 Qantas points per dollar spent (up to $20,000 per month).
- Seven complimentary insurances: Overseas Travel insurance, Transport Accident insurance, Interstate Flight Inconvenience insurance, Domestic Hotel Burglary insurance, Purchase Protection insurance, Extended Warranty insurance and Price Protection insurance. Read the PDS to see if these will cover your needs and to see details about eligibility and T&Cs.
- 0% p.a. on balance transfer for up to 6 months (2% balance transfer fee at the end of the balance transfer period, the balance transfer reverts to cash advance rate).
Minimum Spend Requirement
The minimum spend of $4,000 in the first 60 days of account opening is high but very achievable. Consider putting all your necessary spend through this card for the first 60 days (insurances, groceries, petrol, etc.).
NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card VS NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card
For those that aren’t able to meet the minimum spend requirement, NAB also has the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card which only requires a $2,500 spend on everyday purchases within 60 days of account opening. It comes with 30,000 Qantas bonus points and also earns 1 point per $1 spent (capped at $3,000 per month) after which the earn rate drops to 1 point per $3 (capped at $6,000 per month). This is the main difference between both the Signature and the Premium cards.
NAB Card Details
- Card type: NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card
- Frequent Flyer Program: Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Earn Rate: 1 Qantas point per $1 up to $5,000 per month, then 0.5 points per $1 capped at $20,000 per month.
- Qantas Points Booster: Earn 2 points per $1 when spending with Qantas.
- Annual Fee: $295 reduced annual fee for the first year ($395 each year after that)
- Overseas transaction fee: 3%
- Minimum Credit Limit: $15,000
- Minimum income requirements: not advertised by NAB
- Purchase interest rate (p.a): 19.99%
- Interest free period: Up to 44 days on purchases
- Cash Advance Rate: 21.74% (p.a.)
- Balance transfer: 0% (p.a.) for the first 6 months with a 2% establishment fee (reverts to cash advance rate).
NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card In Conclusion
The NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card is ideal for those with a larger monthly spend. It has a good earn rate per dollar and the healthy sign up bonus and reduced annual fee make it an attractive offer for those that are in the market for a new Visa card.