The High Flyer is the top tier Visa card offer by Virgin Money, which allows you to earn 1 Velocity point per dollar, on up to $8,000 per month.
Right now Virgin Money High Flyer comes with up to 100,000 Velocity bonus points when you sign up online, are approved, and spend $3,000 each month for the first 3 months.
Points are credited in tiers: Receive 25,000 Points for each month you spend $3,000 or more on Eligible Transactions in the first 3 months from card approval (capped at 75,000 Points) and 25,000 Points after your first anniversary.
Virgin Money High Flyer Black Card Details & Fees
- Card type: Visa Signature Black
- Rewards program: Velocity Frequent Flyer
- Velocity Points earned per dollar – everyday spend: 1.0 up to $8,000 spent per statement period, 0.5 thereafter
- Velocity Points earned per dollar– all government spend: No points, period.
- Points cap: Uncapped, but tiered earn rates apply as above
- Annual fee: $289
- Supplementary cardholder fee: $89/year
- Interest rate on purchases: 20.74% p.a.
- Interest-free days on purchases: Up to 44
- Interest rate on cash advances: 20.99% p.a.
- International transaction fee: 3.3%
- Minimum income requirement: $75,000 p.a.
- Minimum credit limit: $15,000
Virgin Australia lounge passes
The Virgin Money Velocity High Flyer card comes with 2 complimentary lounge passes each year you hold the card. The lounge passes are digital and will be automatically linked to your Velocity frequent flyer account.
How to get the 100,000 bonus points
The reason you stand to earn “up to” 100,000 bonus Velocity points is because the points are credited over a time span of 3 statement cycles, with each cycle you get credited 25,000 points. On the anniversary date you get rewarded with an extra 25,000 Velocity Points for a total of 100,000 bonus Velocity Points.
The catch is that you have to spend $3,000 on eligible transactions each month for the first 3 months to get the bonus points. Each month that you complete the required minimum spend, you will receive 25,000 bonus points.
What’s eligible spend?
Eligible Transaction means any purchase excluding (but not limited to):
- Cash Advances
- Balance Transfers
- Special Promotions
- BPAY payments
- Purchases of foreign currency and travellers cheques
- Transactions made in operating a business
- Bank fees and charges such as interest and ATM charges
- Government related transactions. Government related transactions include transactions with government or semi-government entities, or relating to services provided by or in connection with government (for example but not limited to transactions made at Australia Post, payments to the Australian Taxation Office, council rates, motor registries, tolls, parking stations and meters, fares on public transport, fines and court related costs).
International Travel Insurance
Cardholders are entitled to International Travel Insurance, which may cover you and your family when travelling overseas, for medical expenses, loss or theft of personal items, unexpected trip cancellation and more. To activate the insurance, you will have to purchase your return flights with your Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer Card. As always, make sure you read the PDS to ensure this insurance cover suits your personal requirements. https://my.virginmoney.com.au/global_docs/pdf/CreditCard_Insurance.pdf
How to request the $129 flight voucher
To unlock your benefit, simply make a retail purchase in the 2 months before requesting your voucher. Use your Virgin Australia Gift Voucher when booking Virgin Australia flights on any fare type (including sale fares) or selected Virgin Australia Holidays’ packages anytime within 6 months of voucher issue date.
You will be able to request the Virgin Australia flight voucher via this online portal: simply by completing the required information.
What can you do with 100,000 Velocity Points
100,000 Velocity points aren’t pocket change and are enough to get you somewhere nice in business class! We’ve put together a few ideas on how you can redeem those points for business or first class tickets (we’re not talking upgrades!).
0% p.a. for 15 months balance transfer
Virgin Money is offering an attractive 15 months 0% p.a. balance transfer with the Virgin Money Platinum card. There’s no establishment fee either, which is excellent.
Virgin Money High Flyer Conclusion
The High Flyer is one of the best Velocity points earning Visa cards on the market. The $8,000 earn cap at 1 point per dollar is generous enough to accommodate most people, and the annual fee is mostly offset by the $129 Virgin Australia voucher and lounge passes (not to mention the 100,000 bonus points). However, if the annual fee or income requirements are out of reach for you, check out the entry-level Virgin Money Platinum Visa which comes with 70,000 bonus points right now.
Virgin Money Velocity High Flyer Review
- Sign Up Bonus
- Points Earn
- Extra Features
User Review( votes)
Virgin Money Velocity High Flyer
The top tier Visa card which earns Velocity points comes with a huge sign up bonus and some great benefits such as the $129 Virgin Australia flight voucher.
- Great earn rate
- $129 Virgin Australia Flight vocuher
- Huge sign up bonus
- Points cap per month