Amplify Visa With 50,000 Bonus Points
The entry-level Amplify Platinum Visa from St. George comes with an attractive 50,000 Qantas or Amplify bonus points, a competitive low annual fee of $99 and a suite of travel insurance perks.
- 50,000 bonus Qantas or Amplify points
- 0.5 Qantas Points or 1 Amplify Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases
- Overseas Travel Insurance, Extended Warranty Insurance and Price Guarantee
- Annual Fee: $99
- Minimum spend requirement to receive the bonus points: $2000 within 90 days of activation.
St. George, Bank SA and Bank of Melbourne are offering a tempting 60,000 bonus Qantas or Amplify points when you sign up to an Amplify Platinum card before September 26, 2018. The low annual fee makes this card perfect for those looking for a good value entry level offer.
The Amplify Platinum card earns a respectable 0.5 points per dollar on all the frequent flyer programs to which you can link it; that being Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer or Malaysia Airlines Enrich. Note that Qantas points can only be earned when you select this option at sign up. For the other programs, points can be transferred from Amplify Rewards to your preferred Frequent Flyer program.
- Additional/supplementary cardholder fee: $0
- Interest rate on purchases: 19.49% p.a.
- Interest-free days on purchases: Up to 55
- Interest rate on cash advances: 20.24% p.a.
- International transaction fee: 3.0%
- Minimum income requirement: No minimum
- Minimum credit limit: $6,000
- Points Earning Cap: Uncapped earning potential
The Amplify card range comes with complimentary travel insurance by QBE after spending at least $500 on eligible pre-paid travel insurance. As always we highly recommend familiarising yourself with the PDS to ensure you’re fully covered before heading off on holiday. St. George also includes extended warranty coverage of up to 12 months when purchasing selected new appliances using your Amplify Platinum Visa. However, interstate domestic travel insurance and car rental excess are absent from the policy.
Amplify Platinum Visa Conclusion
This card is an excellent option for those looking for a more affordable alternative to the Signature Visa card but still retains a healthy sign-up bonus of 50,000 Qantas or Amplify Reward points.