St. George are offering an online exclusive of 100,000 Amplify Rewards and no annual fee for the first year (saving you $279). This promotion is for new cardholders who spend $4,000 on the card within 90 days of approval. Promo runs until December 17, 2018.
- No annual fee for the first year (Save $279)
- Earn rate of 1.5 Amplify Points + 10% Birthday Bonus
- 100,000 Bonus Amplify Rewards
Note that this particular deal is only for the Amplify Rewards version of the St George Signature Visa card. If you’re more interested in Qantas Frequent Flyer points, the same card comes with 80,000 bonus Qantas points and a reduced annual fee of $179 (you can check out our review here).
Amplify Signature Visa In Detail
The St. George Amplify Signature Visa is one of the highest earning Visa cards in Australia and has no monthly caps on the number of points you can earn. The generous earn rate is 1.5 Amplify Rewards per dollar spend which translates to 0.75 Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer/Malaysia Enrich or Velocity Frequent Flyer points. But that’s not all; the St George Amplify Signature Visa offers its members a birthday bonus of 10% of the total points earned up until that date (your actual birthday). This means the real earn rate of this card per dollar is 0.825
Effectively the 100,000 bonus points will translate into 50,000 Kris Flyer points, Malaysia Airlines Enrich miles or Velocity Frequent Flyer points.
This may not seem like a lot, but I personally value Kris Flyer miles at almost double that of Qantas Frequent flyer simply because they’re redemption prices for business and first class are far cheaper when it comes to points and taxes.
- Card Name: St George Amplify Signature Visa
- Points Program: Amplify Rewards (flexible program)
- Points Per Dollar: 1.5 Amplify Rewards (0.75 Frequent flyer points) + 10% birthday bonus
- Points Cap: None
- Lounge Access: 2 Priority Pass lounge entries per year.
- Other Benefits: Visa Luxury Hotels program access
- Insurance: International travel insurance, purchase protection and extended warranty cover. See PDS for details.
- International Transaction Fees: 3% of the converted total
- Annual Fee: No annual fee for the first year ($279 P.A. ongoing)
Frequent Flyer Points Earn Rate
- Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Miles: 0.75 + 10% birthday bonus
- Velocity Frequent Flyer: 0.75 + 10% birthday bonus
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich Miles: 0.75 + 10% birthday bonus
The 10% Birthday Bonus Explained
A unique feature of the Amplify Signature Visa card is the 10% bonus on all the points earned over a period of 12 months (this does exclude any bonuses) and materialised on your birthday each year you hold the card.
The Amplify Signature Visa from St George comes with 2 Priority Pass lounge entries per membership year. If you’re not familiar with Priority Pass, it’s the world’s biggest lounge network which generally on a membership basis. In Melbourne and Sydney, priority passes are extra valuable since some of the airport restaurants participate in the program. Bar Roma is a favourite among Sydney based frequent flyers and Movida at T2 is the favourite in Melbourne. Both restaurants offer a $36 allowance per Priority Pass; arguably much better than the average airport lounge.
Visa Luxury Hotels Program
St George Amplify Signature Visa comes with access to the Visa Luxury Hotels program which has some excellent benefits:
- Best available rate guarantee
- Automatic room upgrade upon arrival (when available)
- 3 pm check-out (when available) at over 900 luxury hotels
- Free in-room Internet
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- VIP Guest status
- US$25 food or beverage voucher.
- You can research and book your stay through http://www.visaluxuryhotels.com/ just keep in mind that these aren’t budget hotels but if you’re looking to splash out, it’s a great way to get some additional perks at no extra cost. It’s worthwhile to keep an eye on the Visa Luxury Hotels website as they have special promotions from time to time with offers such as 4th night free or additional discounts. Here’s a direct link to the special offers page: https://www.visaluxuryhotels.com/special-offers
- Cardholders also get access to the Amplify Signature Travel service which is a dedicated travel concierge with access to special promotions and packages. If you plan to use the Visa Luxury Hotels program, give them a call to see if they have any offers that suit you.
St George Amplify Signature Visa Conclusion
The Amplify Signature Visa card could be a useful option for those looking for a non-Amex card with a good earn rate per dollar. Considering there’s no annual fee on this card for the first year, it’s well worth considering if you’re in the market for an uncapped Visa card with some extra benefits.Read Our Financial Disclaimer…
No recommendation or financial advice
The Website contains information relating to credit cards with frequent flyer benefits. Information provided in respect of credit cards is ancillary to the purpose of informing you of the frequent flyer benefits and promotions. Flight Hacks publishes general information about selected credit and debit card products/offers. We do not write about all credit and debit card products/offers available in the market
Flight Hacks does not provide credit or financial advice, assist, or make recommendations in connection with credit or financial products or services. Flight Hacks is not a credit provider nor are we suggesting that you apply for a specific product from a particular product issuer.
You should not make credit or financial decisions based solely on the availability of frequent flyer benefits or promotions.
The content on the Website does not constitute advice. It has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is provided for your convenience and information only.
You should not act on any information provided by the Website or its advertisers without first having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs and obtaining advice from an appropriately qualified professional. The information on this website is no substitute for financial advice.
Flight Hacks may receive a commission when you apply for a credit or debit card using an outbound link published on this website.