The end of the financial year is in sight, and with a 35 million dollar loss looming on the horizon, Virgin Australia has launched a double status promotion in a bit to drive more sales. Great for us!
Double status promos are great for those who are looking to gain or retain status with Velocity Frequent Flyer, which includes benefits such as lounge access, business class upgrades and priority boarding.
Here’s how you can get double status points
- To earn double status credits, you will need to register your Velocity Frequent Flyer number first.
- Register by May 27 2019, via this dedicated landing page.
- 2 Book your eligible flights with Virgin Australia from now until May 27, 2019, for travel including April 14, 2020. (Keep in mind long haul flights to Los Angeles and Hong Kong are excluded from this promotions).
- After you complete your flights, the double status credits will land into your account within 4 weeks.
- Will my existing bookings qualify for double status? Unfortunately no, only new bookings made after you register for the promotion will be eligible.
- Can I earn status on redemption bookings? No, points bookings do not earn any points or status credits.
- When will I get the status credits? It can take up to 4 weeks for status credits to post but generally speaking it’s a few days.