The Qantas American Express Ultimate is as the name suggests, the ultimate Qantas Points credit card.Qantas American Express Ultimate now comes with 55,000 Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved, and spend $3,000 within the first 3 months of activating your card. This bonus offer is available online via American Express, for new Card Members only.
The Qantas American Express Ultimate will see you skyrocketing your points balance with an earn rate of 1.25 Qantas Points per dollar spent on everyday purchases.
American Express are even offering 1 additional Qantas Point per dollar spent on Qantas products and services in Australia. This means you could be earning up to 2.25 Qantas Points per dollar!
The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card also comes with 2 complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations and a $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year you hold the Card.
Of course these benefits come at a cost, the annual fee is $450 which is brought down to well below zero if you factor in the value of the 55,000 Qantas Points, $450 Qantas Travel Credit and complimentary lounge passes. In fact, 55,000 Qantas Points is more than enough to fly business somewhere nice!
To get the bonus points you will need to apply online, be approved, and spend a minimum of $3000 in the first 3 months after activating the card, which is very achievable. Personally I set up all my regular bills with Amex so at least I’m earning some points! Rule #1 of the points game: Never pay cash (or use a debit card!).
Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Benefits
- Enjoy 2 complimentary Qantas lounge invitations.
- Receive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months of Card membership. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Earn 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases.
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year. Use your Qantas Travel Credit for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights when you book and pay online at American Express Travel
- Enjoy complimentary access up to two entries per year to the American Express Lounge at Sydney and Melbourne International Airports
- Enjoy two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services
- Complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies. If you pay your Balance Transfer over time, an interest-free period will not apply to your purchases. T&Cs apply.
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance when you pay for travel using your Card
- Eligible for use with Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay
Reward Yourself With Uncapped Qantas Points
With the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card there is no cap on the amount of Qantas Points you can earn, while having them automatically transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month.
Qantas American Express Ultimate Eligibility
Of course it goes without saying that everyone cutting up their traditional bank issued credit cards will be eligible for the massive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points offer. Even if you hold or have held a Commbank, ANZ or NAB issued American Express card, you are still in the running! Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for the 55,000 Qantas Points offer.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today through this link to get the 55,000 Qantas Points bonus (T&Cs apply).
To save time before you apply for your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, it’s best to make sure you can say yes to the following:
- I am aged over 18
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a current Business Long Stay Visa (subclass 457)
- I have a personal gross (pre-tax) annual income of $65,000 or more
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
When will the bonus points credit?
Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after you have met the spend criteria for the55,000 Qantas Points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
Qantas American Express Ultimate Travel Perks
You can enjoy a $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year you hold the card. This Qantas Travel Credit can be used to book your Qantas flights online through American Express Travel. A great benefit of using the Amex Travel site is that you won’t pay any credit card surcharge which would be the case if you booked directly with Qantas.
Note that the Qantas Travel Credit can’t be used partially so to ensure you don’t forfeit any part of it, make sure the ticket is equal to or higher than $450.
You’ll also enjoy extensive protection for you and your family when you pay for travel on your Card.
- Medical Emergency Expenses Cover up to $2,500,000
- Transport Accident Cover up to $400,000
- Travel Cancellation Cover up to $12,500
- Baggage, Money and Documentation Cover up to $10,000
- Travel Inconvenience Insurance up to $200 if your flight departure is delayed
What can you do with Qantas Frequent Flyer points?
Collecting points is fun, I check my Award Wallet app daily to see where my balances have grown (or shrunk). But there’s nothing better than finally redeeming those points for an awesome experience! Let’s have a look and see what you can do with your Qantas points.
Fly Perth to Dubai in First Class with Emirates – 108,000 Qantas Points
Flying Emirates first class is an experience that will blow you away. Whether you like the “bling factor 10” on board Emirates or not, it’s one of those things you have to try at least once! To book your flights, just head over to https://www.qantas.com and make sure you check the “Search Classic Flight Rewards” box before you run your search. Once you’re booked in, you have a private suite, Dom Pérignon and a shower in the sky to look forward to!
Melbourne or Sydney to Dubai in Business Class with Emirates for 96,000 Qantas Points
To get excellent value out of your Qantas frequent flyer points try redeeming them for Emirates Business class. You will be able to enjoy a flat bed, fantastic service and of course there’s the on-board bar serving your favourite drinks with canapés. To book your flights, just head over to https://www.qantas.com and make sure you check the “Search Classic Flight Rewards” box before you run your search.
Brisbane to Tokyo in Business Class with Qantas Return for 120,000 Qantas points
Qantas has now finished refurbishing their fleet of A330’s with the fantastic Vantage XL seats which offer a perfect amount of privacy and comfort for a trip to Tokyo. The bed goes fully flat for the 9h journey across to Japan. (We’ve written a full review about this new seat, you can check out his take on the Qantas A330 business class product here.)
Sydney to Hong Kong Return in Business Class with Cathay Pacific for 130,000 Qantas points
You can do the same trip with Qantas in business but in my opinion Cathay has a better product on the A330 or 777-300ER. The seats are very spacious and comfortable whilst the service is personal and very much on point.
On top of that, Cathay has the best business class lounge in the world. The Pier lounge in Hong Kong is an amazing experience and something you need to check out for yourself.
You can book your flights directly through the Qantas reward booking system. Alternatively you can mix it up and take a Qantas flight on the way there and Cathay on the way back for only 125,000 points return.
You can also earn points faster by getting an additional card for family members at no additional cost, in addition, take advantage of a promotional balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for the first 12 months to help you save on interest repayments and pay your other balances sooner.
A one-off 1% credit plan establishment fee applies and you can transfer up to 70% of your approved credit limit to a maximum of $10,000. This offer is for new applicants only.
The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card doesn’t just look after things when you travel. There are also numerous features that make shopping and managing your account trouble free.
- Refund Protection American Express will credit your account if you’re refused a refund on an unused eligible item within 90 days of purchase
- Purchase Protection repairs or refunds eligible items if they are accidentally broken or stolen within 90 days of purchase
- With the American Express Online Fraud Protection Guarantee you won’t be held responsible for any unauthorised charges online as long as you notify us immediately upon discovery of the fraudulent transactions
- Emergency Card Replacement thanks to the American Express global network of offices, they can usually get a replacement Card to you within 48 hours virtually anywhere in the world
- Global Card support means you can enjoy account assistance any time of the day or night
Qantas American Express Ultimate Conclusion
Just like its Velocity Frequent Flyer alternative, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card is a powerhouse for those looking to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points fast and at an uncapped rate. As it stands, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card is one of the highest earning Qantas cards in the market and an outstanding offer with 55,000 bonus Qantas Points up for grabs.