Singapore Airlines has today announced a further expansion to its Australian operations, in a strategic move to strengthen their presence throughout the growing Asia-Pacific market. Subject to regulatory approvals, Singapore Airlines will boost capacity to key Australian cities from October 2024, in line with the IATA Northern Winter schedule. The news follows previous capacity increases announced in August.
From 27 October 2024, Adelaide will see an additional three Singapore Airlines flights per week, for a weekly ten services to the South Australian capital. Those flights are to be operated by Boeing 787-10 aircraft, a type that arrived in Adelaide for the first time on Friday.
Singapore’s 787-10 is configured for 337 passengers, with 36 in business and 301 in economy. That’s up to 3,370 seats between Adelaide and Singapore each week. In addition to the existing daily service, the new SQ279/276 will operate each Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
The carrier will also add a fifth daily flight between Sydney and the Garden City from 27th October 2024, in anticipation of strong travel demand. The fifth daily service will provide further options for customers searching for flights to Europe as well as numerous cities throughout Asia. The additional flight is to be operated by a Boeing 777-300ER, good news for points enthusiasts as the type offers a large number of premium seats. Singapore Airlines’s B777 seat 264 passengers with 4 first class, 48 business, 28 premium economy and 184 economy seats.
Tip: learn how to redeem your Velocity Points for Singapore Airlines flights.
Louis Arul, Singapore Airlines’ Regional Vice President for South West Pacific, said the additional services follow sustained strong demand for travel to and from Australia.
“Locking in these increased services for the year-end peak period provides a great opportunity for Australians to start planning their 2024 travel to secure the best fares possible.”
“These additional flights provide even more options for Australians heading to Europe and Asia, with great connections through Singapore Changi Airport,” he added.
Singapore Airlines’ updated Adelaide and Sydney flight schedules can be found below.
Adelaide to Singapore:
- SQ278, 10:35am to 15:10pm, B787-10, Daily
- *SQ276, 6:35pm to 10:55pm, B787-10, We/Fr/Su
Singapore to Adelaide:
- *SQ277, 8:05am to 5:20pm, B787-10, We/Fr/Su
- SQ279, 11:40pm to 9:05am +1, B787-10, Daily
Sydney to Singapore:
- *SQ202, 6:45am to 11:50am, B777-300ER, Daily
- SQ212, 9:05am to 2:15pm, A350-900, Daily
- SQ232, 12:15pm to 17:35pm, A380, Daily
- SQ222, 4:10pm to 9:20pm, A380, Daily
- SQ242, 7:10pm to 12:20am +1, B777-300ER, Daily
Singapore to Sydney:
- SQ231, 12:45am to 11:50am, A380, Daily
- SQ241, 7:05am to 5:55pm, B777-300ER, Daily
- SQ211, 10:30am to 9:20pm, B777-300ER, Daily
- *SQ201, 7:10pm to 5:55am +1, A350-900, Daily
- SQ221, 8:40pm to 7:40am +1, A380, Daily
*Added flights, pending regulatory approval.