Right now, ANZ is offering a large sign-up bonus of 100,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points on their top tier black Visa card. If that’s not enough, there’s $200 back to your card and two Qantas lounge passes on the table when you are approved and meet the minimum spend and terms and conditions.
What’s on offer?
- 100,000 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer Points when you spend $4,000 or more on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card approval
- 2 Qantas Club lounge access passes each year you hold the card
- $200 back to your new card
- Discounted Qantas Club membership for the first year
- Unlimited international lounge access through Véloce World
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership, saving you $99.50
- 24/7 Concierge service to assist with bookings and reservations
- Earn 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases, capped at $7,500 after which the earn rate reduces to 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent
Enjoy 2 complimentary Qantas Club or International lounge invitations.
Who’s the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black For?
Being the top frequent flyer card in the ANZ lineup of Points credit cards, the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black does come with a hefty annual fee and a minimum spend requirement of $4,000 within 3 months to get the 100,000 bonus Points. The $425 annual fee does get reduced for the first year with $200 back to your card after meeting the minimum spend requirements, this brings the annual cost down to a very acceptable $225 (for the first year).
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card is for those looking for a Visa card that still earns at 1 Point per dollar. Unfortunately, this is capped at $7,500 per month (after which the earn rate drops to 0.5 Points per dollar), but for most people, this is perfectly suitable. Especially if you use this in conjunction with an American Express card to maximise the Points earned on a day to day basis.
To be eligible for this card you need to:
Be 18 years of age or over, and; be a permanent Australian resident or a non-permanent resident with more than 9 months remaining on your Visa
Will I Get The Bonus Points?
ANZ has 2 separate types of Points-earning credit cards; Qantas Frequent Flyer and ANZ Rewards (the flexible program which allows you to transfer to a range of airline partners including Kris Flyer, Asia Miles etc.).
ANZ allows those who currently hold or have held an ANZ Rewards card within the last 12 months to apply and receive the bonus Reward Points on the ANZ Frequent Flyer card range.
This rule is the same the other way around too, so if you currently hold or have held an ANZ Frequent Flyer card, you can sign up for any of the ANZ Rewards cards and receive the bonus Reward Points if you meet the other conditions.
Essentially there are 2 categories of cards:
ANZ Frequent Flyer (Qantas Frequent Flyer Points)
If you hold or have held one of these cards in the last 12 months, you can apply and get the bonus for an ANZ Rewards branded card (see next list).
- ANZ Frequent Flyer Black (this is the current offer we’re writing about on this page)
- ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum (click to check current sign up offer)
- ANZ Frequent Flyer (click to check current sign up offer)
ANZ Rewards (Flexible points program)
If you hold or have held one of these cards in the last 12 months, you can apply and get the bonus for an ANZ Frequent Flyer branded card (see previous list).
- ANZ Rewards Black (click to check current sign up offer)
- ANZ Rewards Platinum (click to check current sign up offer)
- ANZ Rewards (click to check current sign up offer)
- ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures (click to check current sign up offer)
If you have held a supplementary card in the past or you still hold one under your spouse or partners account, you are also eligible for the bonus.
What’s Eligible Spending?
Essentially its everyday transactions such as groceries, petrol, bill payments, travel bookings, dining etc. Non-Eligible spending includes cash advances (by taking money out of the ATM for example), gambling (which is classed as a cash advance), balance transfer. If you’re uncertain if a particular spend will count towards your minimum spend requirement to get the bonus, check with ANZ first before proceeding.
Véloce World Lounge Access
ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card members have access to the Véloce World lounge network (not to be confused with Velocity). It’s similar to the Priority Pass lounge network but a bit more limited in the number of lounges on offer. To see all the lounges for your selected airports, check out Veloce World and enter the first 6 digits of your ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card to gain access.
Travel & Other Insurances
As always, insurance is a very personal thing so you should always read the PDS to make sure the complimentary insurance on offer is suitable for you.
Insurance on the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card includes:
- Overseas travel and medical insurance provided by Allianz
- Rental car excess insurance
- Interstate flight inconvenience insurance
- Transport Accident cover
ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card Details
- Card type: Visa Black
- Frequent Flyer Program: Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Earn Rate: 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent up to $7,500 per month after which the rate reduces to 0.5 Points per $1, uncapped
- ATO Earns Points: No
- Overseas Transaction Fee: 3% of the converted amount
- Purchase rate (%): 20.24% (pay your bill in full by the due date for 0% interest)
- Cash advance rate (%): 20.24%
- Interest-free days: 55
- Minimum Credit Limit: $15,000
- Supplementary cardholders: up to 9 but a $65 annual charge applies per card
- Annual fee: $425 (or $225 for the first year when you factor in the $200 back to your card after meeting the minimum spend)
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card has one of the biggest sign-up bonuses in the market. While the annual fee might seem high at first, the $200 credit back to your card will reduce it for the first year. As one of the few cards that still earns 1 Qantas Point per dollar (although capped), this card is a favourite for many frequent flyers thanks to all the benefits on offer.
- Sign up bonus
- Earn rate
- Annual fee
ANZ Frequent Flyer Black
ANZ is offering a large sign-up bonus of 100,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points on their top tier black Visa card and $200 back to your card.
User Review( votes)
- Huge sign up bonus
- $200 back to your card
- Great earn rate
- $75,000 p.a. salary requirement
- 1 point per dollar capped at $7,500 a month