Marriott Bonvoy launched its first ever points sale back in April 2019 offering a 25% discount on points purchased via this page. While the old Marriott Rewards program never sold points at a discount, Starwood Preferred Guest (RIP) used to run frequent points sales (which were rather lucrative).
Right now, Marriott have upped the discount and are offering Bonvoy Points with a discount of 30% when you buy more than 2,000 Bonvoy points before December 22, 2019. It’s their third points sale so far this year.
Marriott have also removed the points cap which was previously set at 50,000 points. The cap has now been increased to 100,000 Bonvoy points.
Since you can transfer Marriott Bonvoy points to your favourite airline program at a rate of 3:1, the cost per airline mile works out at US$0.021 based on a 60,000 Bonvoy points transfer to an airline program (you receive 20,000 + 5,000 bonus miles when transferring 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points).
Where to buy Marriott Bonvoy Points?
Bonvoy points are sold through points.com so you can login and purchase them here.
For those that want to take advantage of this sale, here are the details:
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 AM ET November 15, 2019 and 11:59 PM ET December 22, 2019 to be eligible for the discount of 30% with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points.
- Purchased points do not count towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite status.
- A member may purchase or receive as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 100,000 points during the promotional period only. Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2019 are included in the 100,000 points limit.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000.
- Promotional discount purchase rate is 30% off the regular purchase rate of 12.50 (USD) per 1,000 points.
- Points purchases will be processed up to 7 business days after purchase.
- You must be a member in good standing to both purchase and receive points.
- A new member may purchase points thirty (30) days after enrollment if their Marriott Bonvoy account reflects qualifying activity as described in the Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules. After ninety (90) days from enrollment, a new member is eligible to purchase points regardless of their account activity.
- Once points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
Marriott Bonvoy Points Sale History:
- November – December 2019: 30% Discount
- September – October 2019: 30% Discount
- April – May 2019: 25% Discount