Caltex StarCard is a fuel card that makes it easy for you to save money on fuel while earning you Qantas Points at the same time. Right now and until June 30, you can earn up to 60,000 bonus Qantas Points (the biggest offer to date) when you apply for Caltex StarCard via this link.
You’ll be rewarded with 5,000 bonus Qantas Points per month, for the first 12 months once the monthly spend requirement of $150 is met.
How to earn up to 60,000 bonus Qantas Points
- Apply via this link for a new Caltex StarCard account by 30 June 2019
- Link your Caltex StarCard to your Qantas Business Rewards account within the first 30 days of opening your StarCard account
- Spend a minimum of $150 per month on eligible transactions
- Be rewarded. 5,000 bonus Qantas Points will be awarded each month, once the minimum spend requirement of $150 per month is met.
Caltex StarCard credits your Qantas Business Rewards account which transfers to any Qantas Frequent Flyer membership at a rate of 1:1. If you don’t have Qantas Business Rewards already, joining is free when you complete your Caltex StarCard application.
Caltex StarCard also saves you 4c per litre on Vortex Premium fuels and is welcomed at over 1,900 Caltex fuel stations around Australia. Caltex StarCard members also save 5% on most items in store and get 10% off packaged engine oils.
Caltex StarCard Fuel Savings
- Save 4c per litre on Vortex Premium fuels
- Save 2c per litre on regular fuel and diesel
- Get 10% off packaged engine oils and 5% off most items in-store
If you’re running a small-medium or large business, Caltex StarCard makes it easy to stay on top of your on-road expense by consolidating them in one place to save you time and money. It provides monlthy billing, ATO approved invoices and can also be integrated with your Xero accounting software. You can also issue extra cards for your employees, this way all billing is centralised and points are earned for fuel expenses which would have been made regardless.
Qantas Points with Caltex StarCard
Apart from the sign-up bonus, you will also earn Qantas Points from every dollar you spend at Caltex.
You will earn 1 Qantas Point for every 2 litres of regular fuel and diesel. When you buy Caltex Vortex Premium fuels; you will earn 1 Qantas Point per 1 litre. For in store purchases, you will earn 1 point per $1 spent (in addition to 5% savings on most items in store).
All your points will be pooled into your Qantas Business Rewards account (free to join when you get Caltex StarCard otherwise $89.50). This is especially handy when you have multiple StarCards linked to one account. From your Qantas Business Rewards account, you can send your Qantas Business Rewards points to any Qantas Frequent Flyer account number at a 1:1 transfer rate. Best of all, transfers are instant, so there’s no waiting around for points.
Caltex StarCard Cost
Caltex StarCard will cost you only $2.95 per month per card, which is nothing compared to the savings you’ll enjoy with regular fuel consumption.
Up to 60,000 bonus Qantas Points Criteria
To earn the full 60,000 bonus Qantas Points, you will need to spend $150 a month for 12 months. You’re not restricted to only fuel so you may also wish to ‘top up’ by spending on other services or in-store purchases to achieve your monthly spend threshold each month. Keep in mind there are some exclusions (full list below)
Caltex StarCard Eligibility
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be the business owner, or a director, partner or trustee of the business (this includes sole trader ABN holders)
- Intend to use your card wholly or predominantly for business purposes
- The StarCard Qantas offer of up to 60,000 bonus Qantas Points is available to those who open a new StarCard account by 30 June 2019 and meet the eligibility and minimum spend criteria.
You’re excluded from the bonus if you
- Closed a Caltex StarCard account within the last 12 months
- If you currently have a Caltex StarCard
- If your ABN has been active for less than 6 months
Caltex StarCard in conclusion
For business customers already spending money on fuel each month, Caltex StarCard is a no-brainer as the savings on fuel and time saved on admin will quickly outweigh the small ongoing cost of $2.95 per month per card. In addition, you will earn extra Qantas Points on purchases you would have made anyway.
You can apply for Caltex StarCard right here or learn more about the card on this page.