Unless you’ve been living under a rock, Uber has been the unbeaten ride-share king in Australia, but as always, competition isn’t far away.
India’s largest ride-share company launched in Australia last year and has been expanding aggressively by offering lower-cost rides, more promo codes and fewer fees to its drivers.
These days most Uber drivers will have the Ola app and vice versa.
Ola x Velocity Frequent Flyer
- Ola and Velocity have just announced a brand new partnership which will let riders earn Velocity points on ALL Ola rides; this is excellent news! Velocity Points will be credited to your account within 14 days after taking a trip.
- 2 Velocity Points per $1 spent on eligible rides to and from selected airports (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch)
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other Ola rides – this is great!
- 1,000 bonus points on your first ride if you’re new to Ola and ride before 30 August 2019
- 50% off your rides (maximum $10 savings per trip) in the first two weeks from when you sign up
- $20 free credit when you use promo code AR6C2VU
How to Apply Ola Promo Codes
Login to your app and proceed to make your booking. Before you confirm the ride you will be able to see the prom code field. Tap this and enter your Ola promo code before placing the booking.
How to Link Velocity To Ola
- Tap the main menu and tap on your name (top left corner)
- Tap on the “Velocity Frequent Flyer” menu and enter your details.
Ola 30% Off Airport Rides
Existing Ola riders aren’t left in the cold when it comes to promo codes either; you can use code FLY to get 30% off on airport drop-offs or code LAND to get $30% off airport pickups.
If you live further out, Ola has capped fares to $25 at the moment when you use code OLADROP for drop-offs and OLAPICK for rides from the airport.
Ola vs Uber
While Uber lets you earn Qantas points to and from the airport, I think the Ola deal works out better since you can earn points on all rides. On top off that due to the aggressive marketing strategies, Ola rides are cheaper compared to Uber (at least for now). I find availability is almost as good as Uber and drivers get more money in their pocket, so they often prefer to use the Ola app for that reason. The only downside to Ola is that their premium car range is rather limited compared to Uber.