HelloFresh is a food subscription service which delivers ready to cook meals in a box weekly at your chosen time and date. Each box comes with all the ingredients required for the meals you pre-select online and handy instruction cards to cook it all up.
A few years ago they partnered with Qantas Assure, but it appears they are now also offering bonus points promotions to all Qantas Frequent Flyers.
Up for grabs are 20,000 Qantas bonus points which are split into 4 instalments based on how many boxes you order.
Here’s what the small print reads:
Meal box offer available to Qantas Frequent Flyer members until 16 August 2018 and is only valid on deliveries of a Classic Box, Veggie Box or Family Box.
- Use of promo code HFQANTAS20 will automatically sign you up to an ongoing weekly subscription. You’ll receive ?$?25 off your first box order plus 5,000 bonus Qantas Points on your first box order. Members must receive their first box within 4 weeks of signing up for the offer to be valid.
- You’ll receive ?$?25 off your second box order plus 5,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 60 days of your second order.
- Members must receive their second box within 4 weeks of receiving their first box for the offer to be valid. 5,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 60 days of your fifth order.
- Members must receive their fifth box within 10 weeks of receiving their first box for the offer to be valid. 5,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 60 days of your tenth order.
- Members must receive their tenth box within 20 weeks of receiving their first box for the offer to be valid. Meal box offer is only valid within HelloFresh delivery areas.
- Delivery area excludes Tasmania. Changes to box types or box subscriptions can be made before Tuesday 11:59PM AEST/AEDT (for WA, SA, NT) or by Wednesday 11:59PM AEST/AEDT (for QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC) prior to the week of your next scheduled delivery.
I tried signing up, but for some reason, the coupon code came up as invalid. I’ve followed this up with HelloFresh to see what’s going on and organise a refund of $25
The cheapest non-veggie box is $79.95 including the $10 delivery fee. If you plan to hit this offer just for the points, the best value is when you only go for 1 order with 5,000 bonus points. If you like HelloFresh and plan to keep using them; simply create another account and proceed with the same deal again before August 16.
Looking through my HelloFresh account, I could not see where one would enter their QF frequent flyer number, this might be due to the promotion not being launched properly…who knows! Essentially you’re paying $54.9 for 6 meals ( 3 meals for 2 people) and 5,000 Qantas points.