American Express will open its new lounge on October 23, 2019, at Sydney Airport’s T1 International terminal, replacing its existing lounge.
The new American Express Lounge will be three-times the size of the original lounge at over 600 square metres and offer more amenities, dining options and variety of relaxation spaces.
The lounge will be operated by Plaza Premium who is a huge lounge operator worldwide.
The new lounge is a huge upgrade from the old lounge at Sydney’s International terminal which has been in operation sine 2014! Some of the new feature you can look forward to:
- Three shower suites featuring L’Occitane en Provence products
- Complimentary food and beverages featuring a variety of vegetarian, vegan and wellness options, an exclusive dining area, and live cooking stations
- Full-service bar including a selection of cocktails and a wide selection of craft and international tap beers
- High-speed Wi-Fi and charging stations and quiet resting areas
- Flight information screens, and a selection of local and international magazines and newspapers
“Airport lounge access continues to be one of the most valued benefits for our card members and we know from the success of our lounges around the world that travellers appreciate the stress-free environment, complimentary dining, and luxury amenities that our American Express Lounges offer,” said Naysla Edwards, Vice President of Brand, Charge Cards and Experiences at American Express.
“Opening this new, spacious and convenient American Express Lounge at Sydney Airport is part of our ongoing commitment to provide our card members with premium travel benefits, exceptional hospitality and best-in-class facilities and experiences. We look forward to welcoming travellers to our new card member lounge,” Edwards added.
Song Hoi-see, Founder and CEO of Plaza Premium Group, commented: “We are very excited to continue working with American Express on this collaboration. Services, facilities, food and beverage offerings, and ambience are always the foundation upon which Plaza Premium Lounge is created. We believe guests will thoroughly enjoy all the additions, in particular the live cooking stations where guests can now order from an a la carte menu.”
Sydney Airport Chief Commercial Officer Vanessa Orth said the new offering is a welcome addition to the airport’s robust lounge portfolio, delivering greater choice to customers as part of their airport journey.
“This is great news for our customers, and we feel confident they’ll embrace the new, tailored approach delivered by American Express and Plaza Premium Group in their expanded footprint, including luxury amenities and quality dining options as well as key essentials that make everything that little bit easier including strong Wi-Fi, charging points and quiet zones.”
Who can access the new lounge?
The eligible cards listed below have unlimited complimentary access to The American Express Lounge at the Sydney International Airport for each American Express Card account. Card Members are entitled to bring their children between the ages of 0-17 and up to 2 guests into the lounge.
The card must be current and issued by American Express Australia Limited with the exception of internationally issued American Express Centurion and American Express Platinum Cards, which are also eligible to enter the American Express Lounge:
Unlimited Lounge Access:
- American Express Centurion Card
- American Express Platinum Card
- American Express Platinum Business Card
Limited Lounge Access: Two Entries Per Calendar Year
The eligible cards listed below are entitled to two (2) complimentary entries per calendar year (1st January to 31st December) to the American Express Lounge, located at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport, for each American Express Card account (inclusive of Supplementary Cards associated with the Basic Card Member).
The entry allocation may be used by the Basic Card Member, Supplementary Card Member or a guest travelling with a Card Member. Additional Lounge visits are allowed but charges will apply. The card must be current and issued by either American Express Australia Limited or a licensed network bank partner:
- American Express Platinum Corporate Card
- American Express Explorer Credit Card
- American Express Business Explorer Credit Card
- American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- David Jones American Express Platinum Card
- Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
- Qantas American Express Corporate Platinum Card
- American Express Velocity Platinum Card
- American Express Airpoints Platinum Card
- American Express Westpac Altitude Black Card
Complimentary access is available for the Card Member’s children between the ages of 2-17. Children under 2 enter free of charge. At the discretion of American Express, other American Express Card Members may also enter the American Express Lounges or be issued with a one-day pass for entry into the American Express Lounges from time to time.