What’s the best Qantas credit card? It’s a question we get asked often at flight hacks. The answer isn’t conclusive, and it depends on a variety of factors. The best credit card for Qantas points in our book is usually the Qantas credit card that comes with the biggest sign-up bonus.
In this post:
Best Qantas frequent flyer credit cards 2020
The best Qantas credit card is the one that offers the most points at sign up. This is true for the simple fact that most people would need to spend a substantial amount of money to earn what you could otherwise get from a single sign up offer on a Qantas credit card in Australia.
The best Qantas credit cards in the market right now come with huge bonuses between 25,000 and 120,000 points. If you were to earn the same amount of Qantas Points from everyday spending on your card, it would take a long time to reach your travel goals.
|Qantas Credit Card||Qantas Points Bonus||Earn Rate||Annual Fee||Bonus Feature|
|Qantas American Express Ultimate||55,000||Up to 2.25 points per $||$450||$450 travel credit|
|ANZ Frequent Flyer Black||Up to 130000||Up to 1 point per $||$425||$275 back to your card|
|NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Visa||Up to 130,000||Up to 1 point per $||$395||$100 annual fee discount first year|
|ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum||50,000||Up to 0.75 points per $||$295||$195 back to your card|
Best credit cards for Qantas points
Here are our top 3 best Qantas credit cards for 2020. The premium Qantas cards usually have a higher sign-up bonus and earn more points per dollar, but there are also some entry-level Qantas credit cards for those just getting started.
ANZ Frequent Flyer Black
ANZ is offering a large sign-up bonus of 120,000 (an increase from 100,000 previously offered) Qantas Frequent Flyer Points on their top tier black Visa card. If that’s not enough, there’s $275 back to your card (increased from $200 previously offered!) and two Qantas lounge passes on the table when you are approved and meet the minimum spend and terms and conditions.
- 120,000 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer Points and $275 back to your new card when you spend $4,000 or more on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card approval
- 2 Qantas Club lounge access passes each year you hold the card
- Discounted Qantas Club membership for the first year
- Unlimited international lounge access through Véloce World
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership, saving you $99.50
- 24/7 Concierge service to assist with bookings and reservations
- Earn 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases, capped at $7,500 after which the earn rate reduces to 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent
- Enjoy 2 complimentary Qantas Club or International lounge invitations.
With the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, there is no cap on the amount of Qantas Points you can earn, while having them automatically transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month.
Qantas American Express Ultimate
Receive 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online by 14 April 2020, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. New Card Members only. Earn 1.25 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
- Enjoy 2 complimentary Qantas lounge invitations.
- Receive 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online by 14 April 2020, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. New Card Members only, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders
- Earn 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases.
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year. Use your Qantas Travel Credit for eligible international or domestic Qantas flights when you book and pay online at American Express Travel
- Enjoy complimentary access up to two entries per year to the American Express Lounge at Sydney and Melbourne International Airports
- Enjoy two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services
- Complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months — A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% and T&Cs apply.
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance when you pay for travel using your Card
- Eligible for use with Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay
NAB Qantas Rewards Signature
NAB is offering a fantastic Qantas credit card with up to 130,000 bonus points. You can get the 130,000 bonus when you keep your card open for over 12 months. Minimum $3,000 spend in first 60 days. In addition, the card now has a reduced annual fee for the first year, which saves you $100.
- 130,000 Bonus Points on a new NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card when you keep your card open for over 12 months. Minimum $3,000 spend in first 60 days.
- Reduced annual card fee of $295 for the first year ($395 each year after that).
- Earn rate of up to 1 Qantas points per $1 spent (up to $5,000 per month) after which it reverts to 0.5 Qantas points per dollar spent (up to $20,000 per month).
- Seven complimentary insurances: Overseas Travel insurance, Transport Accident Insurance, Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance, Domestic Hotel Burglary Insurance, Purchase Protection insurance, Extended Warranty insurance and Price Protection insurance. Read the PDS to see if these will cover your needs and to see details about eligibility and T&Cs.
- 0% p.a. on balance transfer for up to 6 months (2% balance transfer fee at the end of the balance transfer period, the balance transfer reverts to cash advance rate).
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum
This entry-level Qantas credit card offers a nice sign-up bonus of 50,000 points when you apply online and spend $2,000 within the first 3 months after card activation.
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum card will also earn you 0.75 Qantas Points per dollar spent up to $3000 per month and 0.5 Points per dollar after that (uncapped).
As an introductory offer, ANZ is giving a $195 back onto your card when you meet the minimum spend requirements; this helps to offset the annual fee cost from $295 to $100.
• 50,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $2,000 within the first 3 months after card activation.
• $195 back onto your card when you meet the minimum spend requirements
• Range of insurance products including travel insurance and purchase protection