Virgin Australia has today launched their Covid vaccination incentive promotion, labelled VA-X & Win. The airline said the competition is designed to thank vaccinated Australians who have played their part in protecting the community and re-opening the country.
First announced in June, Virgin says the total prize pool is valued at over $150,000 with the major prize making one lucky Australian a Velocity Points millionaire. The full VA-X & Win prize pool is as follows:
- 1 x 1 million Velocity Points
- 10 x 100,000 Velocity Points
- 50 x 10,000 Velocity Points
- 25 x return Virgin Australia Business Class flights
- 50 x return Virgin Australia Economy flights
- 30 x Virgin Australia Lounge memberships
- 85 x Virgin Australia pyjama sets
Virgin Australia Group CEO, Jayne Hrdlicka said vaccination is Australia’s ticket to freedom.
“Vaccination is our way back to the things we love and the people we miss, and most importantly, it’s the only way we can protect the lives and livelihoods of all Australians,”
“We know how important it is to reach the vaccination thresholds as soon as possible, especially for those people living in New South Wales and Victoria, and we’re proud to play our part in adding to the benefits of getting vaccinated,” said Ms Hrdlicka.
Fully vaccinated Australians have until 31 December 2021 to enter the competition, with winners notified by 13 January 2022. As the registration process does not require proof of vaccination, winners will need to confirm their vaccination status before receiving their prize.
Where can I go with one million Velocity Points?
Virgin Australia Flights:
- 64 Economy return trips – Sydney to Gold Coast
- 32 Business return trips – Sydney to Gold Coast
- 28 Economy return trips – Melbourne to Perth
- 14 Business return trips – Melbourne to Perth
- 28 Economy return trips – Melbourne to Auckland
- 14 Business return trips – Melbourne to Auckland
Partner Airline Flights:
- 11 Economy return trips – Brisbane to Honolulu
- 7 Business return trips – Brisbane to Honolulu
- 11 Economy return trips – Sydney to Los Angeles
- 5 Business return trips – Sydney to Los Angeles
- 8 Economy return trips – Melbourne to Abu Dhabi
- 4 Business return trips – Melbourne to Abu Dhabi
If you’re crazy:
- 3 Apple iPhone 12
- 9 Dyson V8 vacuums
- 18 Smeg toasters
- 20 Bosch high-pressure washers
VA-X & Win media campaign
In addition to the promotion, Virgin Australia will release a VA-X & Win marketing campaign that pokes fun at the current constraints on the nation. The campaign shows two passengers who recreate the flying experience from their own homes.
The videos will be promoted on Virgin Australia’s social media channels and aired during the AFL Grand Final on 25 September 2021.
How to enter VA-X & Win
Step 1: Ensure you have received both doses of a COVID-19 approved vaccine.
Step 2: Visit virginaustralia.com/vaxandwin.
Step 3: Enter your name, email address and Velocity Frequent Flyer member number in the entry fields and hit submit.