The top tier American Express Platinum card has been in my wallet for a few years now and starting next month; we’ll see a brand new benefit added to the Card.
In this post:
Complimentary Fashion Credit with NET-A-PORTER and MR PORTER
If you’re a sucker for high-end fashion, you will be very familiar with the above names. Starting from February 1 2021, Platinum card members will be able to get a $75 statement credit back to their Card on purchases across both Net-A-Porter and Mr Porter websites. Members will be able to get 2 credit each year they hold their Platinum card for a total of $150.
To get the benefit, members will need to save the offer to their Card before 25/06/2021. If you enrol before this date you will automatically be enrolled for the next credit period ending Dec 2021.
Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade is being removed
From March 31, 2021, Shangri-La Golden Circle elite status (Jade) will be removed as a benefit for Platinum Card members. The Jade tier comes with a few nice benefits such as complimentary breakfast, upgrades and more at Shangri-La hotels and resorts worldwide. If you are currently an American Express Platinum members, you have until the end of March to redeem your Shangri-La Jade status which will be valid for 1 year from activation.
As part of your American Express Platinum card, you’re still entitled to the following elite status: Hilton Honors Gold Status, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status and Radisson Rewards Gold.
American Express Platinum Offer
If you’re thinking about joining American Express Platinum, there’s a very generous sign-up bonus on offer until January 27:
Receive up to 200,000 Bonus Membership Rewards points – That’s 150,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points when you apply online by January 27 2021, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. Plus, an additional 50,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points in Year 2 upon fee renewal. T&Cs apply. New Card Members only.
You can see our complete value breakdown of the Platinum Card here to see if this Card will work for you.
Fashion Offer Terms and conditions
- Only Primary Platinum Card Members can enrol in the benefit. Eligible purchases must be charged to the enrolled American Express Platinum Card for the benefit to apply. Spend on Additional Cards will not count towards the offer.
- Card Members who save the offer by 25/06/2021 will automatically be enrolled for the second offer period beginning 01/07/2021 and do not need to re-enrol. If you did not enrol in the first offer period, you will need to enrol in the second offer period by 31/12/2021.
- Purchases made at NET-A-PORTER must be shipped to Australia and paid for in Australian Dollars. Purchases made at MR PORTER must be shipped to Australia and paid for in Great British Pounds. Excludes purchases made at THE OUTNET and YOOX.
- Excludes transactions where you do not spend directly with your Card to which the offer is saved, online at [www.net-a-porter.com/en-au/](http://www.net-a-porter.com/en-au/) , [www.mrporter.com/en-au](http://www.mrporter.com/en-au) or within the NET-A-PORTER and MR PORTER app. Offer valid at Australian website only.
- Payments made at MR PORTER are charged in Great British Pounds. These purchases will be converted to Australian Dollars based on the rate of exchange at the time your Card is charged. Credit will be rewarded based on the amount charged in Australian Dollars after currency conversion.
- A Currency Conversion Fee applies when payment is charged in a currency other than Australian Dollars. This fee does not count toward the offer spend requirement.
- Spend from the first offer period ending 30/06/2021 does not roll over to the second offer period starting 01/07/2021. If you have not redeemed your first credit by 30/06/2021 you forfeit receiving this credit.
- Excludes transactions made through a third party establishment or payment processor.
- Credit is not redeemable for cash or other payment forms.
- Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from the offer end date.
- Credit will not be applied to your Card Account if your Card has been suspended or cancelled.
- Credit may be reversed if your qualifying purchase is refunded or cancelled.