American Express is backing the recovery of small business by transforming Shop Small into a year-round movement, incentivising customers to spend where it is needed most. American Express Card Members who first save the Shop Small offer to their eligible Card, will get three extra points per dollar spent with participating small businesses until 31 March 2022, in-store or online, up to 40,000 extra points.
The new offer will be available to both Amex personal and Amex Business card holders allowing those who have both a personal and business account to earn up to 80,000 points combined.
- Tip: For the latest American Express bonus sign up offers check out our card page here.
Now in its ninth year, Shop Small celebrates the valuable contributions small businesses make to their communities. Traditionally held in the lead up to Christmas, this year’s shift to an always-on initiative, aims to assist small businesses that have been affected by the Covid crisis as they navigate the road to recovery.
Lisa Belcher, Vice President of Small and Medium Enterprises for American Express Australia, said, “The resilience that Australian small business operators have shown throughout the Covid crisis has been extraordinary. And it’s encouraging to see consumers, big business and government rallying to back the sector, but now is not the time for complacency. That’s why Shop Small is returning all-year round to remind shoppers that if they want to see these businesses survive, they have to take action and spend with them regularly.”
Between 2013 and 2020, American Express Card Members have contributed more than $6 billion to the Australian small business sector through Shop Small.3
Newly appointed Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman, Bruce Billson said, “Small businesses are the backbone of the Australian economy and our communities. Their recovery won’t happen overnight and there are many factors that need to be addressed from the top-down – from access to capital and the reduction of red tape. But every Australian has the power to play a role in helping the sector, just by being conscious of where they’re spending their money and ensuring that wherever possible, they put small business first.”
Thousands of additional businesses are taking part in this year’s Shop Small, including the many micro-businesses that use Square (get $1000 worth of free processing when you sign up via this link) payment terminals.
Terms & Conditions
Shop Small Card Member Offer Terms and Conditions:
- You must spend on the Card to which the offer is saved in-store or online at a participating Shop Small business:
- For participating in-store businesses click here. Participating businesses will be highlighted with a Shop Small Offer badge.
- For participating online businesses click here. (link live from 1 April)
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- A maximum of 40,000 extra Points can be earned per Card to which the offer is saved and only spend on that particular Card counts towards the offer.
- Excludes transactions made through a third-party establishment or payment processor. (Such as Paypal or AfterPay)
- You must be enrolled in the relevant loyalty program and have an active loyalty account to receive the points.
- Extra Points will only be accrued for each whole dollar spent.
- Additional Cards are not eligible for this offer.
- Points are not redeemable for cash.
- Points should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from offer end date.
- Points will not be applied to your Card Account if your Card has been suspended or cancelled.
- Points may be reversed if your qualifying purchase is refunded or cancelled.