Right now and until July 26 (yep you don’t have much time!) Etihad are running a summer sale with discounted flights to many destinations.
If economy is your thing, you can find flights around the $1000 mark return from Australia to Europe, but for those looking to score a deal in business class, we’ve found some of the best options to book.
Hack the summer sale
While the summer sale prices are reasonable, we can do even better! For those with an Amex card, you are set to save an additional 10%.
As it stands, American Express and Etihad have partnered (for some time now) to offer a 10% discount in all classes.
To book one of these sale flights, you have to do so via this dedicated Amex/Etihad booking page and enter the last four digits of your card to get access.
If you don’t have an Amex card, you can still save 10%. Simply click on the coupon code here and copy the 4 numbers. You will have to paste these in the field on the page that opens.
You will know you’re getting the special discounted price when you see a yellow star next to the price tag.
There are a few options to Europe on sale (travel from September 1 – 31 May 2020).
The best value proposition (in my opinion) would be Sydney to Amsterdam return in business class from $5960 or even better Melbourne to Madrid for $5715.
You will be able to enjoy the excellent Etihad Business Studio on your way to Europe.
Terms & Conditions
- These fares are valid for booking until July 26, 2019, and for outbound travel between September 1, 2019, until May 31 2020.
- Offers are subject to availability at the time of booking online with Etihad Airways these are special fares with limited availability.
- Please check the individual fare rules for detailed terms and conditions.
- Flight/Day restriction and Blackout periods may apply.
- Advance purchase of 5-7 days in Economy Class and 14 days in Business Class will apply
- Weekend surcharges may apply.
Of course, since you’re paying cash for these flights you will earn a stash of points too!
It’s safe to assume these discounted business flights will book into the Z fare bucket which will earn you 24,710 Etihad Guest or Velocity Points. You could also credit these to American Airlines AAdvantage for 21,488 AAdvantage miles.
Since you only need 20,000 AAdvantage miles for a Qantas Business class redemption from Sydney to Perth, that’s at least $400 worth of value you have to factor in when booking.