The InterContinental Ambassador program is a US$200 (or 32,000 IHG points) hotel status membership which I’m happy to pay for. InterContinental Ambassador is a unique program which is instantly activated upon payment and does not require any stays. The Ambassador program pays for itself thanks to a set of guaranteed perks which are ready to use as soon as you sign up.
Bonus Promotion – 10,000 Bonus Points
When you sign up to InterContinental Ambassador via this link, you will receive the following:
- 10,000 bonus points when you sing up via this page
- 6,000 points per stay as a new Ambassador member
- You must sign up and pay for Ambassador membership between September 11, 2019, and November 30, 2019, to qualify for the 10,000 bonus points.
- Existing IC Ambassadors will earn 3,000 bonus points per stay at InterContinental properties.
- The Promotion stay period is between September 26, 2019, and November 30, 2019 (both dates inclusive).
- Maximum bonus points awarded are 15,000 bonus points during this Promotion Period, this is on top of any points you earn already.
I’m An Existing Members, Where Do I Enroll?
Existing IC Ambassadors can activate this offer here: https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/content/us/en/hotel-offers/icloyalty
What Are the Intercontinental Ambassador Benefits?
- Complimentary Weekend Night: This benefit immediately offsets the cost of the membership. You need to book 1 night at the more expensive Ambassador Weekend Rate and get the second one “free”. It’s not exactly free because typically the flexible stays are more expensive than the cheapest prepaid rate.
- Guaranteed Upgrade: This perk can quickly help you offset the cost of your stay also. Personally, I use it to book a room rate just below the suites which means I have a guaranteed suites upgrade upon checking in. When booking a stay on points you’re technically not entitled to an upgrade, but from reports, InterContinental usually honours the upgrade regardless.
- 4 PM Guaranteed Late Checkout: This benefit is self-explanatory, totally worth the Ambassador program cost for when you have an afternoon flight. Best of all, just like the other advantages; it’s guaranteed. Unlike some other hotel loyalty programs…
- Complimentary Welcome Gifts: This includes “a choice of refreshments on arrival”, in-room welcome gift and fresh mineral water. Nothing crazy but appreciated nonetheless.
- Complimentary pay-TV film & a daily newspaper delivered.
- IHG Platinum Status This will give you extra benefits when staying at any of the IHG hotels worldwide.
As part of the InterContinental Ambassador program, you will also receive a welcome pack which includes your complimentary weekend night certificate (you will need to present this upon check-in), a membership card and a shiny golden luggage tag.
IHG Platinum Status
When enrolling into the Ambassador program, you automatically gain IHG Platinum Status. This is an upgrade from the Gold status IHG used to give out with the Ambassador membership. You will enjoy a range of extra benefits such as:
Why Is Now A Good Time To Join IC Ambassador?
US$200 reasonable price for the benefits this program offers and the added benefits of the 10,000 bonus points and the IHG Platinum status which you can then use to status match other hotel chains! If you agree, you can sign up for IC Ambassador status right here.
Renewing IC Ambassador Status
The second year of Ambassador status comes with a variety of renewal offers and are a great incentive to keep paying for the status benefit:
- $150 and get 10,000 bonus points
- $200 and get 15,000 bonus points plus 10% back on reward nights
Keep in mind that when you renew, you will get a new weekend night certificate as well!
If you plan to spend a minimum of 2 nights at an Intercontinental hotel, this status is an absolute must. Even when your stays are just for a single night twice, it can make sense just for the room upgrade and late check-out guaranteed.
What do you think? Will you be joining the InterContinental Ambassador program?