Marriott has just announced its first global campaign for 2021, and wow, it’s a good one! I’m calling it now, but 2021 will be the year where elite hotel status is earned… the easy way!
In this post:
Marriott Double Nights Promo Details:
- Double nights promo will be valid for stays from February 16 through to April 27, 2021. Booking date doesn’t matter.
- Registration will open in February so you could book now and potentially get better rates.
- Promo starts from your first stay of 2 nights or more
- Valid for all hotels in the Marriott portfolio globally
- Link to promo: click here to access this offer when it’s live — link will Automatically update in February.
Double Nights + Points
For those chasing elite Status, nights are what counts towards the next tier. And this is where a double nights promotion comes into play as it halves the requirements for getting to the next tier.
This year Marriott is offering its members double nights on all stays of 2 nights or more. It also only applies to paid bookings, so redemptions do not qualify.
On top of that you will be earning double points which isn’t quite as exciting but a bonus none the less. In addition to normal earn rates, Marriott Bonvoy members will also earn:
- Earn 5x bonus points per US$ spent at Element, Residence Inn, and TownePlace suites
- Earn 10x bonus points per US$ spent at all other Marriott brands
50% Bonus Nights Credited For Elites
If you already held Silver, Gold, Platinum, Titanium or higher last year; Marriott Bonvoy will be crediting you half the nights required to reach the next tier (ps. Status is already extended). This is exactly the same promotion they offered last year, and it’s a welcome addition in 2021 considering travel is still limited.
As a Platinum Bonvoy members, I will be receiving 25 nights which count towards the next tier. All bonus nights will be credited at the start of February.
10% Off Points Redemptions (Off-peak)
For stays right through the end of September 2021, Marriott is offering a 10% discount on off-peak award redemptions. This means that if you’re optimistic about travel later this year, a speculative points redemption at one of the many high-end luxury hotels in the Marriott portfolio will save you 10%. You can check out all the Marriott properties here.
This campaign could be pretty lucrative in cementing your next tier of Bonvoy Status and earn a whole stash of points at the same time. Stay tuned for my idea on which hotels to book for potential mattress runs!