Over the last few days, Qantas has been targeting selected users with custom offers for status credits with some getting offers as high as 75% (bonus status credits).
While it’s not as good as the double status credit bonus Qantas runs from time to time; savvy travellers should definitely take advantage of these deals.
If you’ve been left hanging in the cold (e.g. you didn’t receive an offer from the QF gods), it appears Qantas is also targeting corporate travellers from some large international firms (I know this offer is targeted towards KPMG employees), while the terms and conditions state you would need to be nominated by your employer, the site does allow you to register anyway.
I have no idea if these status credits will end up crediting, but if you have travel coming up, this might be worth a try!
To sign up for this (technically targeted) 50% Qantas bonus status credits promotion you will need to do the following.
- Register your Qantas Frequent Flyer number via this page
- Register before June 7, 2019
- (Technically) this offer is only valid for employees, who are nominated by their employer and have not participated in a bonus Status Credit offer in the last 6 months.
- Book and travel on an eligible flight between 12.01am (AEST) June 10 and 11.59pm (AEST) September 8 2019.
Will it work?
The landing page indicates you will receive an email to inform you if the offer has been activated within 2 weeks. There’s a chance there’s some manual vetting involved but who knows!
Other Qantas Offers
Qantas is again offering bonus points to those who have reward points in flexible programs such as American Express Membership Rewards Premium. Essentially this excludes the majority of people who earn Qantas points with their credit card. If your card transfers points automatically each month, you’re excluded.
To get the bonus, transfer your reward points to Qantas Points between 1-30 June 2019 to receive your bonus Qantas Points
Here’s how it works:
- 30% more Qantas Points when you transfer 2,000,000 Qantas Points and over
- 20% more Qantas Points when you transfer 500,001 – 1,999,999 Qantas Points
- 15% more Qantas Points when you transferUp to 500,000 Qantas Points
Is it worth it?
Probably not unless you really need some extra Qantas points. There are many more valuable frequent flyer programs out there such as KrisFlyer and Asia Miles, so you’d probably be better off taking advantage of one of the many sign up bonus that are going on right now. The Qantas Premier Platinum now comes with up to 120,000 bonus Qantas Points.