From time to time Qantas runs a bonus transfer promotion. This seems to appear every 3 months or when a competing program is running an offer. Until the end of November, eligible card holders can receive up to 35% bonus Qantas points.
Unfortunately, there are not many cards that allow for manual transfers to Qantas. The only ones on the list are the American Express Platinum Charge and the Westpac Altitude Business Platinum and Business Gold.
Both these cards allow you to accumulate points in a flexible reward program that includes multiple airline partners. Most regular Qantas credit cards automatically sweep points into your Qantas account each month, and these cards are excluded from the promotion.
Normally I wouldn’t recommend transferring your MR points to Qantas since better value can be had when using Asia Miles to book One World partners, but in this case, it helps with the increased cost of Qantas redemptions.
Current Qantas Bonus Point Transfer Offer
Do you hold a credit or charge card that allows you to transfer your bank’s reward points to Qantas Points? If so and you haven’t yet transferred, now is the time.
Simply transfer your credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points by 30 November 2017 and you’ll receive a bonus of 15%, 25% or 35% more Qantas Points. The more points you transfer, the bigger your bonus.
|15% more Qantas Points||up to 100,000 Qantas Points|
|25% more Qantas Points||100,001 – 999,999 Qantas Points|
|35% more Qantas Points||1,000,000 Qantas Points and over|
Note that the offer is technically “invite only”, if you have made a transfer to Qantas in the past it’s highly likely that you would have received an invite to the bonus transfer promotion.
American Express Platinum Charge
If you want to take advantage of future Qantas bonus transfer promotions (they run approximately every 3 months) you can take advantage of the current Amex Platinum Charge offer which includes 80,000 bonus points.
- 80,000 Membership Rewards points signup bonus
- $300 travel credit annually
- Unlimited access to Virgin Australia Domestic, Delta and American Express lounges around the world
- Access to American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts benefits & discounts
- 3 Membership Rewards points earned per $ spent at restaurants, 2 points earned per $ on travel spend, and 1 point per $ everywhere else except for utilities and the ATO
- Hotel status with Hilton, Shangri-La, SPG and Marriott.
- Learn more or apply here (mobile friendly application)