Virgin Australia is ramping up incentives to reassure travellers in what are still turbulent times for travel.
In this post:
Booking flexibility for travel until 30 June 2021
Virgin Australia is claiming to be the first Australian airline to offer booking flexibility for travel until 30 June 2021 under their revised customer policy. As part of Virgin Australia’s Passenger Promise (more on that below), increased flexibility will see travellers able to make unlimited date changes to their bookings without incurring any change fees, for bookings made by 31 March 2021, for travel until 30 June 2021.
The downside is that changes must be made before the travel date or before 31 March 2021, whichever is sooner. While it sounds like flexibility is up until June, reading the small print reveals this is not the case. With the ever-changing COVID scene, it is unlikely the necessary changes will be foreseen up to three months in advance.
I can only assume Virgin has already caused some confusion with the new policy, with the following Tweets going sent out this morning.
Changes must be made before the travel date or 30 June 2021 (whichever is earlier), and fare difference may apply.
— Virgin Australia (@VirginAustralia) January 14, 2021
Virgin Australia’s Passenger Promise
As well as increased booking flexibility, Virgin Australia’s Passenger Promise employs the following measures:
- Contactless Check-in available online or via the Virgin Australia App
- Continue to earn and redeem your Velocity Points
- Pre-departure COVID-19 health questionnaire
- Face masks and sanitiser provided to all guests
- HEPA cabin filtration
- High touch areas sanitised frequently plus rigorous nightly cleaning
- Reduced in-flight offering to minimise contact between crew and guests
Perth and Gold Coast lounge reopening
In a welcome move for travellers, Virgin Australia made the decision to reopen its Perth and Gold Coast lounges this week. Just like the previously reopened lounges in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, adjustments to lounge seating arrangements and capacity within both the Perth and Gold Coast lounges have been made to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times.
Travellers will notice some changes including:
- Guests must use a QR code to complete sign in upon entry
- Single entrance point via the foyer
- Furniture spaced 1.5m apart
- Hand sanitiser stations placed throughout the lounges
- Self-serve food and beverage replaced with pre-made items which can be requested by guests
- Lounges are deep cleaned prior to opening, along with frequent cleaning throughout the day
Gold Coast Lounge
- 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday
- 8am – 6pm Saturday
- 8am – 8pm Sunday
Location: Adjacent to gates 1 and 2
- 4.15am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- 5am – 12pm Saturday
- 5am – 5pm Sunday
Location: On the left-hand side immediately after the T1 security screening point
Velocity increases flybuys transfer rate by 15%
Velocity Frequent Flyer and flybuys have announced a new transfer rate under their long-withstanding partnership. Instead of transferring 2,000 flybuys points for 870 Velocity Points you can now transfer 1,000 flybuys points for 500 Velocity Points!
Customers can also set up the new Auto Transfer feature, making the process even easier. Simply log in to your flybuys account via the Velocity partner page to turn on Auto Transfer and every 1,000 flybuys points you earn will be automatically transferred to your linked Velocity account for 500 Velocity Points. Your existing flybuys points balance will also be transferred.
In addition, the annual limit on points transfers has been removed, meaning you can now transfer as many points as you like.