Virgin Australia has today revealed its Lounge of the future, with the opening of the airline’s highly anticipated Adelaide Airport Lounge.
Check out our in-depth Virgin Australia Adelaide Lounge review here.
Designed by Brisbane’s WMK Architecture, the 283-seat Adelaide Lounge completes Virgin Australia’s network of seven domestic lounges across major airports around Australia.
All future Virgin Australia Lounge refurbishments around the domestic network will be done in line with this new and fresh design thinking.
The Lounge is true to the Virgin Australia brand, creating a warm, authentic and inviting environment for frequent flyers.
The contemporary design includes a breeze block feature wall upon entrance into the Lounge, with canopy ceilings, before ceramic tiling leads guests into a large light-filled space, with the central walkway leading guests to numerous dining and seating areas.
Ambient lighting, bright greenery and Australian sustainable furniture complete the Lounge; making it a relaxed, inviting and uncomplicated place, to refresh and recharge.
In this post:
Who Can Acces The New Virgin Australia Lounge?
- Business Class passengers
- Velocity Platinum Frequent Flyers
- Velocity Gold Frequent Flyers
- American Express Platinum Card Members (both personal & business) – learn more about Amex Platinum.
- Lounge Pass holders
Virgin Australia CEO Jayne Hrdlicka said the new lounge was the first of many new and exciting products for customers following the airline’s re-launch.
“We are continuing to write a new chapter at Virgin Australia and we’re incredibly focussed on creating great experiences for our guests,” said Ms Hrdlicka.
“We know our capital city lounges are highly-valued by our frequent flyers and we’re reimagining the experience in a very Virgin way. Not only is the new Adelaide Lounge the best airline lounge at Adelaide Airport, but it’s fun, relaxed, and a place that everyone will feel welcome and comfortable. We plan to make a significant investment in our lounges over the next few years. The new lounge we’ve unveiled today will be the foundation for the Virgin aesthetic and experience we will roll out across the network. Enhancing our lounge experience is one of many changes we are making for our guests.
This adds to the announcements we have already made signalling a deeper investment in technology to improve our customer experience, refreshed on-board catering to be announced soon, great bonus Points and Status match offers for our Velocity members, cheaper fares, and extended flexibility to change bookings.”
New Menu Unveiled
Enhanced Lounge menu unveiled today To coincide with the opening, Virgin Australia has today launched a new and fresh menu for guests of the Adelaide Lounge, featuring a selection of sandwiches, salads, wraps and healthy snacks, prepared on-site.
An enhanced menu will be implemented at all Virgin Australia lounges in the coming weeks. In an Australian airline first, Virgin Australia is also trialling a food ordering system, offering guests end-to-end table service.
Initially available in the Adelaide and Melbourne lounges, guests will be able to order food and beverages directly to their lounge seat or table, by simply scanning a QR code and placing an order on their phone. The advancement will not only provide seamless table service for guests, but it will reduce movement, and further enhance the COVID-safe environment.
Virgin Australia Adelaide Lounge features
- The Coffee Bar: An eye-catching central café seating area, transforming from a place to unwind over a coffee during the day, turning into a wine bar at night.
- The Cellar Door Hub: With some of Australia’s most awarded wineries on the doorstep of Adelaide Airport, Virgin Australia has created a feature space for South Australian wineries to bring their cellar door to the Lounge for seasonal wine tasting.
- Distinct dining areas: Separate dining areas with diverse functionality have been built adjacent to servery areas to cater to all guest’s eating preferences, including large social tables, and banquette seating for more private dining.
Lounge Seating Areas
- The Library: A dedicated work area dubbed The Library, features workstations with PCs, printing facilities, power sockets, and desk lamps, offering a functional environment to work on the fly (workspaces continue to be available throughout COVID-19).
- The Gallery Lounge: a chill-out zone adjacent to The Library, complete with lounge chairs and a large flat-screen television.
- The Sunroom: With a mixture of cosy seating arrangements, it’s the perfect space to sit with a loved one, friend or colleague in comfort.
- The Long Stay: Closely located next to the servery, the Long Stay is tucked away from the main entrance and provides guests with an inviting space, with a wide variety of seating options.