In this article, we share three of the latest Virgin Australia promotions for the month of October. We have you covered with three of the best deals for both cash fares and Velocity points bookings!
In this post:
30% off Business Reward Seats and upgrades
Velocity Frequent Flyer has slashed the points required to book a domestic Business class reward flight or upgrade from economy by 30%. You’ll need to book by 22 November 2020 for travel until 31 December 2020.
Here at Flight Hacks, we know that points redemptions in Business (and First) class almost always offer the best value, so if you have a stash of Velocity Points just waiting to be used, this offer could be well worth considering.
30% Off Economy Reward Seats
Get 30% off Economy Class Reward seats when you travel on Virgin Australia flights to some of Virgin’s most popular domestic destinations. For Redemption bookings made on or after 15th May 2020 Virgin Australia will waive fees for any changes you make before 31 January 2021, or the date you travel (whichever is earlier). Keep in mind that fare differences may apply.
Book by 20 October 2020 for travel until 08 September 2021*
What can I expect from Business Class?
Business Class on most airlines is not quite as special as it was pre-pandemic. Most airlines, Virgin Australia included, are operating a stripped-back service across premium cabins in an attempt to reduce costs while demand is so low. As well as an improved seat, Business class passengers would normally expect the following:
- Lounge access (Virgin Australia’s lounges remain temporarily closed)
- Improved food and beverage offering (currently limited to water and snacks)
- 2x 32kg checked baggage allowance
- Priority check-in, security screening, boarding and baggage where available
Where could I go?
Some travel example under Velocity Frequent Flyer’s current sale includes:
- Sydney to Melbourne: 10,800 points (normally 15,500)
- Brisbane to Melbourne: 16,400 points (normally 23,500)
- Perth to Sydney: 28,400 points (normally 35,500)
Discounted flights across the Virgin Australia network
Virgin Australia currently has a myriad of routes on sale, with more offers soon to come. Some of our favourite offers include:
- Sydney to Ballina from $89
- Sydney to Adelaide from $135
- Sydney to Gold Coast from $99
- Sydney to Ballina from $89
- Brisbane to Sydney from $109
- Brisbane to Adelaide from $165
- Brisbane to Cairns from $140
- Adelaide to Hobart from $199
- Adelaide to Gold Coast from $155
- Perth to Kalgoorlie from $179
- Perth to Broome from $199
- Perth to Exmouth from $149
Earn up to 8 Points per $1 spent with the Velocity eStore
Need an excuse for a little retail therapy? How about the Velocity eStore’s massive mid-season bonus points frenzy! By simply shopping through the Velocity e-Store you can earn up to 8 Points per $1 spent on brands including:
- Asos: $1 = 8 points (was 2 points)
- Brosa Furniture: $1 = 8 points (was 2 points)
- Cotton On: $1 = 8 points (was 2 points)
- Crabtree & Evelyn: $1 = 6 points (was 2 points)
- Lancôme: $1 = 8 points (was 2 points)
- Marks & Spencer: $1 = 6 points (was 2 points)
- Microsoft: $1 = 8 points (was 2 points)
- Net-a-Porter: $1 = 8 points (was 2 points)
- Sony: $1 = 4 points (was 2 points)
- Superdry: $1 = 8 points (was 2 points)
- The Body Shop: $1 = 6 points (was 2 points)
- The Iconic: $1 = 8 points (was 2 points)
- The North Face: $1 = 6 points (was 2 points)
How do I earn Velocity points shopping online?
Earning points on the Velocity e-Store is as simple as 1, 2, 3!
- Log in to your Velocity Frequent Flyer account at estore.velocityfrequentflyer.com
- Select a store and click ‘Shop now’
- Purchase your items and collect Velocity points