Last week American Express introduced one of their best promotions to date: double points and double cashback for all Platinum charge card holders. The restriction to Platinum card holders is understandable considering the hefty annual card fee of $1450.
That said, other card members did, of course, feel a little bit left out! Well, today Amex announced a range of bonus categories for both Membership Rewards earning cards as well as co-brand credit cards earning either Qantas or Velocity Points (yes those are still a thing!).
For those customers who earn Membership Rewards:
- 10 Bonus Points per $1 spent when ordering from Deliveroo, Menulog and Uber Eats up to 15,000 Bonus Points
- 20 Bonus Points per $1 spent on Amazon Prime streaming up to 3,000 Bonus Points
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at major supermarkets up to 20,000 Bonus Points
Which cards earn Membership Rewards?
The most lucrative points earner in this category is the Platinum Edge which already earns bonus points at the supermarket. With this bonus, the earn rate will be boosted to 5 MR per $1, which translates into 2.5 airline miles per $1.
For customers who earn Qantas or Velocity Points:
- 5 Bonus Points per $1 spent when ordering from Deliveroo, Menulog and Uber Eats up to 7,500 Bonus Points
- 10 Bonus Points per $1 spent on Amazon Prime streaming up to 1,500 Bonus Points
- 1 Bonus Points per $1 spent at major supermarkets up to 10,000 Bonus Points
In this category, the most lucrative offer is for those who have their David Jones card set to earn Qantas Points. Since David Jones cards already earn bonus points at the supermarket, you can now further boost this earn rate which means you will earn 2.5 Qantas Points per $1 at major supermarkets; nice!
How to enrol?
Ok so here’s the important bit: you must enrolling your cards in order to earn bonus points! So jump over to your Amex mobile app or website right now and enrol all your cards so you can keep on earning bonus points until July 31, 2020.
It does appear that supplementary cards are excluded ( I couldn’t see the offers) so this promotion might just be for primary card holders.
If you put it off, you might miss out! Enrolment is capped at 300,000 cards.