Singapore Airline’s KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes is a monthly promotion which features discounted KrisFlyer redemptions in both Economy and Business class to a range of destinations. The name of the program is a big giveaway on how it works so be prepared to book your flights “spontaneously”! Flights are usually discounted up to 30% and flights on Singapore Airline’s budget wing; Silk Air are typically included as well.
How Do Kris Flyer Spontaneous Escapes Work?
Every month (around the 15th) a list will be released which has the latest KrisFlyer Spontaneous escape routes listed. This gives you the remainder of that month to go ahead and book travel for the following month. So if you’re reading this in September, you would have to book flights then to travel in October. Makes sense?
KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes go quick so be ready to book when the deals go live!
KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes T&Cs
Booking a Spontaneous Escape is just as easy as booking a regular KrisFlyer redemption. It’s all done online with the difference that the price will get discounted at the final step. However, there are a few rules you need to keep in mind which are exclusive for Spontaneous Escapes bookings.
- No connection allowed: this means you can’t connect via Singapore and go to another destination. You will need to price up both segments separately and book them that way to get the discount.
- No changes or refunds permitted. No explanation needed but it comes down to the fact that you can’t cancel like you can with a regular redemption.
- You need to travel within the dates of the promotion: This means that if you book a KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escape for October, you can’t have one flight in and one flight outside of that month.
- Blackout dates apply: check the promotion terms & conditions to see if blackout dates apply during your trip.
- Must be booked online via Singapore Airlines
- Discounts are applied at the final booking step, you won’t see discounted pricing on the first search result!
Latest KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes – September 2019
In this segment, we will update the monthly Spontaneous Escape deals, which we think are best for Australian based travellers. While there are many other routes available, this will help you get a quick overview of the best routes to book.
Singapore to Tokyo
Just in time for the Rugby World Cup, flights from Singapore to Tokyo and Tokyo to Singapore air discounted to only 32,900 miles in business class.
Brisbane to Singapore
Brisbanites are in luck; business class can now be had for 43,400 KrisFlyer miles one way to and from Singapore. Keep in mind that a blackout is in place for 01-13th of October.
Adelaide to Singapore
Unfortunately, this deal only goes in one direction, but Adelaide is on sale as well and for only 43,400 KrisFlyer miles. There are no blackouts, but you would need to fork out the full fare on the return.
Singapore to Frankfurt & Düsseldorf
Europe is also part of the list, you can snap up flights in business class to Frankfurt and Düsseldorf for only 64,400 KrisFlyer miles!
How to Redeem
To redeem, please complete the following:
- Log in to your KrisFlyer account with your KrisFlyer membership number and PIN at the top right corner of this page.
- Select ‘Book a Flight’ on your dashboard.
- Click ‘Redeem flights’ and select your travel details.
- Redemption discount will only be reflected in the booking summary panel after you have selected the flights.
Seats are limited, and redemption availability is on a first-come-first-served basis.