Virgin Australia and American Express just launched an interesting promotion which runs until the end of the month. Amex Velocity card members are offered up to 30% off selected domestic flights, and 25% off selected international Virgin Australia operated flights. The deal covers ticket in economy, premium economy and business class.
How to get the discount?
Click the coupon button and copy the promo code; once copied you can apply it during the booking process.
Here’s what you need to know:
- This limited time offer ends at 11.59pm AEDT on 31 March 2019. Valid for travel from 8 April 2019 to 12 February 2020.
- A 21 day advance purchase period applies.
- If you don’t have an Amex card, the discount still applies.
- You must enter a valid Velocity membership number at the time of booking
- The discount varies based on the fare type (see chart below)
Unfortunately, Virgin Australia doesn’t specify the eligible routes, but from the available fare types, we know for sure that LAX, HKG and Trans-Tasman fares are included.
The best way is to play around with the fares and see if you get a discounted ticket.
You know you’re getting a discount when you see the following icon above the price:
Example Booking Melbourne to Hong Kong
I ran a dummy booking from Melbourne to Hong Kong in business class an here’s what I got:
First we have the regular price, no discounts applied.
For comparison I also got a quote via Amex Platinum travel (which gives fantastic discounts year round on partner airlines)
And finally, here’s the price I got via the promotion page found here.