Here’s the deal, visiting new countries is fun but paying foreign exchange surcharges of 3% isn’t! This is where the ANZ Adventurers Travel credit card shines. Not only will you be earning 1.5 reward points for every dollar you spend, but you will also save $$ since this card has no overseas transaction fees!
Right now, you can take off with 75,000 bonus Velocity Points if you spend $2,500 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months of approval.
On top of this, the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures credit card also comes with a complimentary Virgin Australia domestic return flight, and 2 Virgin Australia lounge passes!
The ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures credit card is aimed at those who want to earn reward points on everyday spending but also want a card that won’t charge fees on overseas transactions.
ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures Card Highlights
- 75,000 bonus Velocity Points if you spend $2,500 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months of approval.
- Two complimentary single entry Virgin Australia lounge passes each year you hold the card.
- One complimentary return economy domestic flight operated by Virgin Australia, each year until the card is cancelled.
- Zero overseas transaction fees on purchases
- Earn rate of 1.5 Reward Points for every $1 you spend on eligible purchases and 0.5 Reward Points for every $1 over $2,000 per statement period.
Before you apply, you must be able to say yes to the following:
- Be 18 years of age or over, and;
- Be a permanent Australian resident or a non-permanent resident with more than 9 months remaining on your Visa
Will I Get The Bonus Points?
The offer is only available to new members who haven’t held an ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card in the previous 12 months. However, if you currently hold one of the ANZ Qantas Frequent Flyer cards, you would be eligible for the sign-up offer of 75,000 bonus Velocity Points.
ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures Card Details & Fees
- Card Type: Visa
- Purchase Rate: 20.24% (or 0% if you pay your balance in full on or before the due date)
- Cash Advance Rate: 20.24%
- Minimum Credit Limit: $6,000
- Interest-Free Days: 55 days
- Foreign Exchange Fees: no fees!
- Annual fee: currently $225 (incl. $55 Rewards Program Services Fee)
How Do ANZ Reward Points Work?
While the sign-up offer is a massive 75,000 bonus Velocity Points (if you spend $2,500 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months of approval), the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures Card will earn ANZ Reward Points on every dollar you spend going forward.
Card holders will earn 1.5 ANZ Reward Points per $1 spend which converts to a range of Frequent Flyer programs at the following rate:
- Velocity Frequent Flyer: 0.75 points per $1
- Kris Flyer Miles: 0.5 points per $1
- Asia Miles: 0.5 points per $1
- Air New Zealand Airpoints: 0.0075 Airpoints Dollars per $1
While it’s possible to send your points directly to the Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer program or Asia Miles, the best value is in transferring your ANZ Reward Points to Velocity Frequent Flyer.
How Does The Complimentary Flight Work?
One of the neat benefits of the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card is the complimentary (as long as you keep the card active) return economy domestic flight with Virgin Australia. This benefit easily offsets the annual fee of the card.
The return economy domestic flight is available on a wide range of destinations around Australia, the only catch is that you need to book the flight at least 60 days before departure. Keep this in mind when you’re planning a trip! The complimentary flight will be activated once you’ve met the minimum spend requirement, which is $500 in the first 3 months after card approval.
The flight is also tied to the person who holds the card account, so if you’re thinking about giving the flight to a friend or relative; this won’t be possible.
- To book you simply call the ANZ team on 1300 367 763
- To check all the available routes, click here to see the interactive flight map.
Complimentary Insurances For Travel and Shopping
The ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card comes with a range of travel and shopping insurance so you could be covered for your next trip or retail purchase if something goes wrong. As always, we HIGHLY recommend that you read the insurance PDS in details because it won’t cover everyone in all situations. You should always make sure that the insurance you might be getting is sufficient for your personal circumstances.
- International travel insurance
- Rental vehicle excess in Australia insurance
- Interstate flight inconvenience insurance
- Transit accident insurance
- Purchase protection insurance
- Guaranteed pricing scheme
- You can and should read the PDS here and here to make sure these products are sufficient for you.
Complimentary Lounge Passes
Every year you hold the card, you will receive 2 complimentary single-entry lounge invitations to selected Virgin Australia lounges around Australia. The passes will be activated if you meet the minimum spend requirement, which is $500 in the first 3 months after card approval.
The passes will grant access of up to 2 hours for 2 people (one pass each). You will be able to use the second pass to guest in another person; this means you don’t have to use both passes yourself.
Once you have met the minimum spend you will need to call the ANZ Rewards team on 1300 367 763 since the passes won’t be added automatically.
The passes will be mailed out to you and can take up to 4 weeks to arrive, however from personal experience they arrive much sooner via registered mail.
Zero Foreign Exchange Fees
This one is a biggie if you shop online at an international store or when you’re on holiday outside of Australia. While most regular credit cards will charge a foreign exchange fee of 3%, the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card has ZERO fees. This means you will save at least 3% and earn points at the same time!
Does ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures Card Support Mobile Wallets?
Yes! The ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card is compatible with Apple Pay and Google Pay so you can add the card to your mobile phone’s digital wallet for extra convenience and to keep your card details secure.
ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures Card Conclusion
The ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card is a fantastic product and even though the total annual fee is $225, ($170 Annual Account Fee + $55 Rewards Program Services Fee) it’s still competitive when you consider the fantastic sign up offer of 75,000 bonus Velocity Points which we value at a minimum of $750 and of course the complimentary return economy domestic flight with Virgin Australia.
The key feature this card has is the ability to save at least 3% on overseas transactions, this can add up fast, and for some users, this feature alone would cover the annual cost of holding the card.
All in all, this is a great travel card and worthy of a space in your wallet for when you head on a trip.
Ready to apply? Get this deal via ANZ online – click here.
New card. Limited time. Spend and eligibility criteria, T&Cs, fees and charges apply (including annual fee currently $225).
Where Can You Go With 75,000 Velocity Points?
If you’re new to the whole points game, you might be wondering: where can you actually go with those 75,000 points?
We’ve crunched the numbers for you, to showcase precisely how valuable those Velocity Frequent Flyer points are!
The following rates are for “outright” redemptions. We’re not talking upgrades here; the entire flight is booked with points + a few dollars in taxes.
Australia to Hong Kong
Now is probably one of the best times to visit Hong Kong! Thanks to the ongoing protest, tourist numbers are at an all-time low, and the hotels are cheap! Best of all you can fly there in style, on points! We’ll only price it up as one way in this example. To get the return price, just double the points and taxes.
What’s the cost?
Sydney Or Melbourne
- Business Class One Way: 59,500 Velocity Points + $141 in taxes
- Economy Class One Way: 27,800 + $126 taxes
Brisbane to Hong Kong
- Business Class One Way: 71,500 + $172 in taxes
Perth to Hong Kong
- Business Class One Way: 83,500 +$155 in taxes
Sydney to Melbourne
The grass is always greener on the other side, so here’s a perfect excuse for a quick weekend away to Sydney or Melbourne. The choice is yours, slum it in economy class or splash out on business (with points!)
What’s the cost?
- Business Class One Way: 15,500 + $29 taxes
- Economy Class One Way: 7,800 economy + $27 taxes
Perth to Sydney
Visiting Sydney from Perth can be done comfortably and in style! You can enjoy a fully flat bed for the 4-5h flight across in business class and a-la-carte dining.
- Business Class One Way: 35,500 + $25 taxes
- Economy Class One Way:17,800 + $ 23 taxes
Sydney to Queenstown
Exploring New Zealand on frequent flyer points is now an option too! Take a Virgin Australia redemption to Queenstown and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- Business Class One Way: 35,500 business class + $162 taxes
- Economy Class One Way: 17,800 economy + $158 taxes
Sydney to Bali
Bali is a favourite for many Australians! Getting there with Velocity points is entirely possible and affordable too.
- Business Class One Way: 49,500 + $172 taxes
- Economy Class One Way: 22,300 economy + $145 taxes